Last updated on February 28th, 2021 at 03:57 am
A water softener is an agent that helps to remove heavy metal particles, tiny particles of calcium, and magnesium mixed into the hard water. Similarly, a water softener system is the best way to get rid of hard water. It removes the minerals, calcium, and other elements from the water and makes it usable with less soap for washing and cleaning purposes.
Even more, a water softener system works on the basis of the Exchange principle. It removes calcium and magnesium from hard water and adds essential minerals like potassium and sodium into it. So, you get refreshing touch while drinking it or while taking bath in it.
According to a survey, 85% of individuals in the US face the hard water problem, and only 30% out of them use it without installing a water softener system.
While hard water and the minerals that cause hardness are not unhealthy, they do mess up individuals who bath in it, plumbing, and apparatuses. There are impressive cost savings funds to softening your water and forestalling the issues brought about by hard water.
10 Best Water Softener Reviewed
- Lifetime warranty
- Save up to 60-percent on your water heating cost with an ECOSMART electric tankless water heater
- Original Design: Tankless hot water heater's Circ-Logic technology offers recirculation patterns that match your habits; For the latest in non-condensing technology that speeds up service and installation, check out our new RE180iN model
- Never Run Out of Hot Water with this Compact Tankless Gas Water Heater: Non-condensing tankless hot water heater from Rinnai is only the size of a small suitcase and fits in a wide variety of spaces, but provides up to 9.8 GPM (6 fixtures at once)
- Non-rinse formula
- Removal of old water softener
- Installation of 1 water softener with a customer-supplied softener
- Works With All Washers - Perfect For High Efficiency Or Standard Toploader, Front Loading Compatible With GE, LG, Samsung, Whirlpool, Maytag, Electrolux, Etc. (Not For Dryer)
- Eco-Friendly Tabs - Natural Effervescent Foaming Tablets Are Septic Safe And Made With Less Packaging . Compare To Liquid Descaler And Wipes That Create Unnecessary Waste
- No.1 selling washing machine cleaner (Nielsen Scantrack; Total US Extended All Outlet Combined dollar sales, 52WK period ending August 2021)
- Helps remove odor-causing residues and grime
- Tide PODS consist of up to 90% active ingredients, so you can be sure that you’re paying for clean not for water
- 10x the cleaning power* (*Stain Removal of 1 dose vs. 10X doses of the leading liquid bargain brand)
- Cascade Platinum ActionPacs dishwasher detergent has 50% more cleaning power* and even works in the quick wash cycle (*%cleaning ingredients vs Cascade Complete ActionPacs)
- Dissolves fast and releases the grease-fighting power of Dawn, while food-seeking enzymes latch on and break down food into particles so small they can flow right down the drain
- ELIMINATES 99.9% OF BACTERIA AND VIRUSES*: Including the Covid-19 virus;** *Use as directed;**Eliminates SARS-COV-2 during pre-soak conditions in 5 minutes; EPA Reg No 777-128
- ELIMINATES ODOR CAUSING BACTERIA FROM CLOTHES AND FABRICS: Use Lysol Laundry Sanitizer to remove bad smells and sanitize bedding, towels, children’s clothes, baby’s clothes, underwear, gym clothes, pet beds
- Cascade cleaning power allows you to skip pre-washing dishes, saving up to 15 gallons of water with each load
- ActionPacs are formulated with the grease-fighting power of Dawn dish soap
[Our Top Pick] iSpring WGB22B 2-Stage 4.5” x 20” Whole House Water Filtration System
It removes the sediments, rust, industrial harmful solvents, and other water pollutants up to 95%. You can install this water softener system with the main water supply line to use the water for washing, bathing, and drinking purposes. Even more, it brings complete protection for your family from chlorine, sediment, and VOCs.
However, it doesn’t remove TDS from the water but doesn’t harm the healthy minerals in the water. If you are interested in removing Total Dissolved Solids, an RO system should be your first preference.
The installation is not a complicated task. You can install it without hiring the services of a plumber. A detailed user manual ensures DIY installation and easy maintenance. It comes with 1” NPT for inlet and outlet. Moreover, it has high-quality filter cartridges to affect the water flow at minimum rates.
The uppermost filter has a capacity to filter the particles below 5 microns and is particularly best for polypropylene sediments. The second filter contains coconut shell carbon to increase the filtration capacity for tiny and thinner particles. Both these stages can filter more than 100,000 gallons of water.
With the maximum filtration capacity, this water softener is considered ideal for a family of four people for a year.
Readily Available Customer Service:
If you are facing a problem in installation, maintenance, or in using the filtration system, the readily available customer service ensures quick help. You get lifetime support once you get registered online to the manufacturer’s site.
Having examined various sorts of water softeners one can purchase, we needed to discuss a couple of more options and considerations that you should consider while picking a model that you see a good match.
How much a water conditioner costs relies upon its type, size, brand, and highlights. Long story short, you can spend anywhere in the range of $350 – $3500, and that is just the beginning. A standard ion exchange, for the most part, extends around $350 to USD 1,000, even though costs can fluctuate, mostly starting with one retailer then onto the next.
Capacity (Size) and Flow Rate
The size or limit of a water softener shows what number of grains of hardness it can evacuate before it needs to recover. Limits go from 8,000 as far as possible up to 80,000 grains.
What’s more, since softening is a component of time, size likewise decides stream rate, so what number of delicate water outlets you can utilize at the same time. Most importantly picking the correct size is critical:
- A small framework will deplete in front of the timetable, may drain hard water and decrease pressure and stream, require additional time and money to keep up, and wear out faster.
- An oversized unit isn’t just costly; rare recovery cycles will likewise make harm its resin bed.
Separated versus combine Resin and Brine Tank(s)
The brine tank stores the salt and is additionally used to blend the saline solution. The resin tank is the place the softening action takes place. Both can either be isolated from one another or consolidated. A softener with an isolated brine and resin tank is otherwise called a side-by-side unit. It’s the ideal alternative if you have space.
Look out for items that have been available and in client homes for more than a couple of months to rule out potential bugs. Something that has been around for quite a while will have any glitches worked out years back.
Simultaneously, you would prefer not to go excessively old and end up with ancient innovation that is both wasteful and hard to keep up.