How to select a suitable laptop for students is a tough question, because there are a lot of factors to consider. You cannot simply spend money on buying any laptop blindly. IT technology is an expensive hobby, and many students need a laptop they can afford. The second consideration is what features you need in a laptop. You need a laptop that will be your companion throughout your college career.
Choosing the best laptop is not only very difficult. It is also one of the most important decisions that you will ever make because you can’t spend money on any laptop blindly. Moreover, you have to use the same laptop for several years. So, it is important that you get the right one. To help you with this task, we have prepared a list of top ten best laptops for students.
10 Best Laptops for Students Reviewed
- 【AMD Dual Core Athlon Silver 3050U up to 3.2 GHz】Integrated with Radeon Graphics, AMD Athlon Silver 3050U runs from 2.3 GHz, up to 3.2 GHz max boost clock, 1 MB L2 cache, 2 cores. Get more done faster on a reliable laptop that can keep up with your everyday tasks.
- 【14" HD Micro-edge Display】14-inch diagonal HD, SVA, anti-glare, micro-edge, WLED-backlit, (1366 x 768) Display. Give you the space and clarity you need to get your work done. See more, do more from anywhere with a less than 7 mm micro-edge bezel display.
- AMD Athlon Mobile Processor with Radeon Graphics. AMD Athlon Silver 3050U (2.3 GHz, up to 3.2 GHz). Get more done faster on a reliable laptop that can keep up with your everyday tasks.
- 14-inch diagonal HD, SVA, anti-glare, micro-edge, WLED-backlit, (1366 x 768) Display. Gives you the space and clarity you need to get your work done. Weighs 3.24 lbs. and measures 0.8" thin Ultrathin and ultralight for maximum portability, featuring a smaller screen size.
- 【11.6" HD display】Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Energy-efficient WLED backlight. Intel HD Graphics 500. On-processor graphics with shared video memory provide everyday image quality for Internet use, basic photo editing and casual gaming.
- 【Intel Celeron processor N3350】Enjoy a computer with an Intel Celeron processor. Experience Intel performance with entertainment features and fast connectivity. The Intel Celeron processor delivers performance in a new computer that fits your lifestyle and budget.
- 【Performance At Its Core】Featuring Windows 10 Home and dual-core Intel Celeron Gemini Lake N4020 CPU(base frequency 1.1GHz, up to 2.8 GHz), the perfect combination of performance and power consumption helps your laptop computer run smoothly and reliably, you can enjoy videos or browse online efficiently
- 【Narrow Bezels 3K IPS Screen】13.5" Full HD 3000 x 2000 IPS clear display boasts impressive color and superior clarity. The 0.3inch Micro-edge bezel for wide viewing angles, making this Windows 10 laptop suitable for reading articles, browsing websites, and watch ing movies and series
- Intel Celeron N4000 Dual-Core Processor (Up to 2.60GHz, 4MB Cache), 4GB DDR4 RAM, 32GB eMMC Storage
- 14" HD (1366 x 768) SVA WLED-Backlit Display with BrightView Micro-edge Technology, Intel Integrated UHD Graphics 600
- [Display] 11.6-inch FHD Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Energy-efficient WLED backlight. Intel HD Graphics 500.; Great for Work From Home, Remote work, Student, Professionals, Small Business, School Education, and Commercial Enterprise, Online Class, Google Classroom, Remote Learning, Zoom Ready
- [Processor] Intel Celeron N3350 Dual-core 1.1 gigahertz.Enjoy the fast speed to share files, play games online and surf the Web.
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Windows 10.
- System ram type, ddr3_sdram
- Powerful Productivity: 11th Generation Intel Core i3-1115G4 processor delivers unmatched speed and intelligence, enabling impressive creating, productivity, and gaming experiences. With Turbo Boost Technology, get up to 4.1GHz for your high-demand applications
- Visibly Stunning: Experience sharp details and crisp colors on the 15.6" Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
[Our Top Pick] Newest HP 14″ HD Business and Student Laptop
The HP 14 is the newest laptop model of HP. It will provide you with web browsing, messaging, emailing, watching movies, playing games, and all the things you love to do on your laptop.
It will allow you to work with confidence knowing that you are using the latest in technology that your HP 14 has to offer.
The newest HP 14 model comes with a 4th generation Intel Core i3-5005U CPU and Intel HD Graphics 5500.
As compared to other models of HP laptops, it is even thinner and lighter. Due to its compact size, you can port it to the university and college easily.
The HP 14’s 4-cell Li-Ion battery lasts up to 10 hours and can be replaced with a new one for just $39.99.
HP’s newest laptop is the HP 14-an all-new budget laptop with premium features in a compact chassis. Its superfast 8GB of RAM makes it ideal for students.
It comes with the HP TrueVision FHD webcam and its sleek design makes it an attractive device for users.
There are many factors to consider before you buy a laptop for students. It doesn’t require the latest features, but it should have good storage, easy portability, a good processor, and other features. Let’s check all the important factors you need to consider for a student laptop.
Lightweight: You probably know that the best laptop for students is the one that’s the most portable. Easy portability makes the laptop for students so attractive.
Long-lasting Battery: The best laptop for students comes in single and double-battery flavors. A single battery makes it easier to take around campus. On the contrary, a dual battery makes it easier to work smoothly for many hours without using a power source.
Storage Space: It should come with moderate storage space to save notes and presentations. The minimum storage space should be 250GB. However, a student of photography or architecture needs more storage space.
RAM: It should come with at least 4GB RAM to run all programs without lags.
Processor: Another important factor to consider is the processor. If it is slow, you can’t browse educational videos and research papers speedily. So, make sure that you get a laptop with a good processor.
Display: It doesn’t matter a lot whether you select a laptop with a big or small display. But make sure that you select a laptop with an HD display.
Ports and Accessories: Check the USB ports whether it has 3.1 Type-C USB ports or Type-A SuperSpeed ports. These ports matter a lot if you want to transfer data at the fastest speed. Also, check port for HDMI and headphone/microphone, etc.