How to select a suitable laptop for students is a tough question, because there are a lot of factors to consider. You cannot simply spend money on buying any laptop blindly. IT technology is an expensive hobby, and many students need a laptop they can afford. The second consideration is what features you need in a laptop. You need a laptop that will be your companion throughout your college career.
Choosing the best laptop is not only very difficult. It is also one of the most important decisions that you will ever make because you can’t spend money on any laptop blindly. Moreover, you have to use the same laptop for several years. So, it is important that you get the right one. To help you with this task, we have prepared a list of top ten best laptops for students.
10 Best Laptops for Students Reviewed
- 【AMD Dual Core Athlon Silver 3050U up to 3.2 GHz】Integrated with Radeon Graphics, AMD Athlon Silver 3050U runs from 2.3 GHz, up to 3.2 GHz max boost clock, 1 MB L2 cache, 2 cores. Get more done faster on a reliable laptop that can keep up with your everyday tasks.
- 【14" HD Micro-edge Display】14-inch diagonal HD, SVA, anti-glare, micro-edge, WLED-backlit, (1366 x 768) Display. Give you the space and clarity you need to get your work done. See more, do more from anywhere with a less than 7 mm micro-edge bezel display.
- This everyday laptop is powered by an Intel Celeron N4020 processor, 4GB DDR4 RAM, and 64 GB M.2 PCIe SSD storage
- Enjoy videos or browse online on a 14" HD display panel, framed by narrow bezels
- AMD Ryzen 5 3450U Mobile Processor (4 Core, 8 Threads, Base Clock 2.1GHz, max boost clock: Up to 3.5GHz) with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, 8GB, 1x8GB, DDR4, 2400MHz,
- 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-glare LED Backlight Non-Touch Narrow Border WVA Display; 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
- Chrome OS, Samsung Exynos 5250 Dual Core Processor
- Display: 11. 6" LED HD 1366 x 768 16: 9, Ports: HDMI, Headphone/MIC combo, 1 x USB 3. 0 + 1 x USB 2. 0, 3- in-1 (SD/SDHC/SDXC)
- 【Upgraded】RAM is upgraded to 16 GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; Hard Drive is upgraded to 512 GB Solid State Drive to allow faster bootup and data transfer. Original Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY. If the computer has modifications (listed above), then the manufacturer box is opened for it to be tested and inspected and to install the upgrades to achieve the specifications as advertised.
- 【Processor】AMD Ryzen 3 3250U 2.60GHz Dual-Core Processor (5MB Cache, up to 3.50GHz, Beats i7-7600U)
- FREE UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 (13) (when available, see below)
- VIBRANT DISPLAY - Your creations are brought to life with the 14-inch diagonal Full HD (1920 x 1080) multitouch enabled, edge-to-edge glass display
- 【Slim and Portable Design】Sleek, Slim, Stylish design. Designed for portability and features a microedge FHD display with an ultra-narrow bezel for a smaller frame. Easy to put it into your backpack, HP 15.6 could stay with you anywhere with lang battery life.
- 【Multitasking with Ease】Equipped with AMD Athlon Silver 3050U Processor, HP 15.6 delivers responsive performance and modern features to simplify everyday tasks. Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. The Solid-State drive helps boot up in seconds, transfer files without waiting hours, and enjoy a snappier experience every time you use your PC
- 【Display】14 inch HD (1366 x 768) Micro-edg display with virtually no bezel encircling the display, an ultra-wide viewing experience provides for seamless multi-monitor set-ups
- 【Processor】Intel Celeron N4020 (up to 2.8Ghz), basic dual-core processor boosts multitasking capabilities for reliable Internet browsing, e-mail and everyday productivity
- [POWERFUL PERFORMANCE]: The HP Laptop is powered with the latest 10th Gen Intel Quad-Core i5-10210U Processor (Eight-way processing, Up to 3.6GHz) and 12GB high-bandwidth DDR4 memory, powerful processing for advanced multitasking, demanding computing, smooth gaming, multiple tabs browsing, and everyday tasks. 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (15x faster than HDD, stay cool and quiet) +1TB HDD offers ample storage, quick boot-up times, fast data access, and improves the overall performance
- [PREMIUM DESIGN]: The slim and portable HP laptop is only 0.8 inch thin, and you can work seamlessly, anywhere. Battery life up to 11 hours with HP Fast Charge. Every detail is crafted for comfort and style, with all the power you need to get things done
- 【14" Full HD display】The 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. Energy-efficient LED backlight. The 14" IPS-Level display delivers true-to-life images with a high refresh rate so you can see every frame you are editing.
- 【Intel Pentium Silver N6000】4 Cores & 4 Threads, 1.10GHz Base Frequency, 3.3GHz Burst Frequency, 4MB Cache, Intel UHD Graphics 605. The perfect combination of performance, power consumption, and value helps your device run smoothly and reliably.
[Our Top Pick] Newest HP 14″ HD Business and Student Laptop
The HP 14 is the newest laptop model of HP. It will provide you with web browsing, messaging, emailing, watching movies, playing games, and all the things you love to do on your laptop.
It will allow you to work with confidence knowing that you are using the latest in technology that your HP 14 has to offer.
The newest HP 14 model comes with a 4th generation Intel Core i3-5005U CPU and Intel HD Graphics 5500.
As compared to other models of HP laptops, it is even thinner and lighter. Due to its compact size, you can port it to the university and college easily.
The HP 14’s 4-cell Li-Ion battery lasts up to 10 hours and can be replaced with a new one for just $39.99.
HP’s newest laptop is the HP 14-an all-new budget laptop with premium features in a compact chassis. Its superfast 8GB of RAM makes it ideal for students.
It comes with the HP TrueVision FHD webcam and its sleek design makes it an attractive device for users.
There are many factors to consider before you buy a laptop for students. It doesn’t require the latest features, but it should have good storage, easy portability, a good processor, and other features. Let’s check all the important factors you need to consider for a student laptop.
Lightweight: You probably know that the best laptop for students is the one that’s the most portable. Easy portability makes the laptop for students so attractive.
Long-lasting Battery: The best laptop for students comes in single and double-battery flavors. A single battery makes it easier to take around campus. On the contrary, a dual battery makes it easier to work smoothly for many hours without using a power source.
Storage Space: It should come with moderate storage space to save notes and presentations. The minimum storage space should be 250GB. However, a student of photography or architecture needs more storage space.
RAM: It should come with at least 4GB RAM to run all programs without lags.
Processor: Another important factor to consider is the processor. If it is slow, you can’t browse educational videos and research papers speedily. So, make sure that you get a laptop with a good processor.
Display: It doesn’t matter a lot whether you select a laptop with a big or small display. But make sure that you select a laptop with an HD display.
Ports and Accessories: Check the USB ports whether it has 3.1 Type-C USB ports or Type-A SuperSpeed ports. These ports matter a lot if you want to transfer data at the fastest speed. Also, check port for HDMI and headphone/microphone, etc.