A crockpot is considered the best among all slow cookers, so you’d think it’s super easy to pick a favorite. Crock-pots are a great way to create a delicious home-cooked meal with little work. They’re also easy to use and clean up, and the best part is the low cost. All you need to invest in is a basic one and you can start cooking almost any dish.
Crockpots are wonderful gadgets, but they can also be dangerous. They should be used properly and properly maintained, but many people use them incorrectly. Moreover, there are a variety of crockpots, from small to large. You should go for a crockpot that fits your lifestyle and the food you normally cook.
10 Best Crock Pots Reviewed
- 8-quart slow cooker capable of preparing food for 10+ people
- Digital timer counts down cook time up to 20 hours
- 6 quart Cook & Carry Slow Cooker serves 7+ people
- Digital countdown control lets you program cook times anywhere from 30 minutes up to 20 hours; shifts to Warm setting automatically once cook time completes
- Extra-large capacity. 10 quart capacity fits a 10 pounds turkey or 12 pounds roast
- 3 Temperature settings. Cook on low or high and then switch to warm when your meal is done cooking
- 4 quart Manual Slow Cooker serves 4+ people
- High/Low cook settings, and convenient Warm setting
- 6.5-quart, oval-shaped, stainless-steel slow cooker with removable black ceramic insert, large enough to cook food for a crowd and goes right to table for serving.
- 4-20 hours cooking times with a complete cycle time of up to 26 hours for preparing home-cooked meals on any schedule
- Spacious 7 quart manual slow cooker serves 9+ people or fits a 7 pounds; Roast
- Set cooking time to high and get a hot meal in no time or set it on low and tonight’s dinner can cook while you’re at work
- 7 Quart; Programmable slow cooker serves 8 plus people
- Digital countdown control lets you program cook times anywhere from 30 minutes up to 20 hours
- Not your mom’s slow cooker: Smart technology allows you to cook a recipe to either a desired cooking time or specific temperature, before automatically switching to warm when it’s done
- Patented temperature probe: Place the temperature probe into large cuts of meat to cook to a precise temperature the control panel will display the food’s exact temperature as it cooks
- 3.5 quart capacity serves 3 plus people
- 9 inches x 13 inches oven-safe rectangular removable stoneware is the perfect size and shape to cook and serve casseroles, lasagnas, and other great dishes
- 7-Quart capacity serves 8+ people
- High/low cook settings with convenient Warm setting
[Our Top Pick] Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker, Extra Large 10 Quart
Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 10-Quart Digital Slow Cooker with Lid Lock is a great choice in crockpots. Due to the secure locking lid, it can bear even extreme pressure without being popped up.
It’s a 5-in-1 option that you can customize to make different foods according to your requirements. You can choose from the slow cook, slow cook with a timer, pot roast, sous vide, and a heat-activated setting.
The digital temperature regulator automatically calculates the cooking time and temperature for each setting.
This slow cooker is great because, not only can it be used for preparing a variety of delicious meals, but it also has multiple functions to keep your kitchen neat and tidy.
The Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker is extra large and comes with a capacity of 10 quarts.
It does everything you could want and makes everything you desire. It’s best for cooking for large parties because it can feed lots of people as well as two persons.
Even more, it’s easy to clean, because it’s dishwasher safe.
If you’re looking for the best crockpot, ones that suit your needs and budget, look at the tips we have discussed below in our guide.
Type: There are two types of crockpot including a programmable and manual crockpot. You can choose a programmable crockpot that comes with extra features, such as timers and cooking temperatures. The other option is a manual crockpot, which doesn’t include these features, but takes up less space and is cheaper.
Settings: Check the settings before selecting your desired crockpot. It should come with multiple time settings from 8 to 3 hours. It’s because some dishes such as chili, chili con carne, rice, stew, soups, meat dishes, and other foods require longer cooking times.
Capacity: The capacity of the crockpot should be according to your family size. If you have a large family, select a bigger slow cooker. However, you can select a bigger one even for a small family to use it at events and gatherings as well.
Lid: There are two types of lids; glass and metal lids. You can select a crockpot with a glass lid if you want to see the progress in cooking food. It will be transparent and you can see how things are going on. However, it’s a bit costly. The crockpot with a metal lid is affordable in price.
Easy to Clean: It should be easy to clean because you are going to use it for cooking lots of dishes. So, the surface should be non-sticky and dishwasher-friendly.