The importance of a good coffee grinder never ends. The process of producing coffee is in the grinder and the grinder, in turn, produces great coffee. The right grinder can make or break a good cup of coffee. Coffee grinders come in many different sizes and styles. It is important to take your time in choosing the best one for your needs.
Here, we have selected top ten best coffee grinders for users. Don’t be confused and select a suitable one from our list according to your requirements.
10 Best Coffee Grinder Reviewed
- SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION AWARD WINNING GRINDERS - Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and backed by Baratza’s world class support.
- GO-TO ENTRY LEVEL GRINDER - Baratza’s best-selling grinder, with its small footprint, is THE choice for brewing coffee at home. Available in White or Black.
- Burr grinding provides uniform grind and optimum flavor
- 18-position grind selector - from ultra-fine to extra-coarse
- Clear Top Cover and One-Touch Control allows for operation at the touch of a button—simply push down on the cover to begin grinding and release to stop. The clear cover also allows you to easily see the consistency of grinds.
- Stainless Steel Blade offers durability and powerful performance, quickly grinding enough whole coffee beans to make up to 12 cups of coffee.
- Durable 40 millimeter stainless steel conical burrs create uniform grounds for optimal flavor extraction
- 15 settings (plus Micro settings) let you adjust your grind to suit your taste
- Quieter than competitors: Whether it’s early morning or late at night, you can make fresh grounds without making too much noise
- Removable grinding chamber: The grinding chamber removes for easy filling of whole beans or spices once finished, remove the chamber for easy cleaning
- 35 Custom Grind Selections: Choose from 35 different grind selections from fine for espresso to coarse for french press for your customized brewing method.
- Anti-static Conical Burr Coffee Grinder: The anti-static technology makes the ground coffee chamber mess-free, improving your user experience.
- 【Adjustable Grinding Precision】There are seconds marks above the timing knob, from coarse to fine. You can choose the precision of powder according to your needs.
- 【Removable Grinding Cup】The cup is removable and it can grinds 2.5oz coffee beans, up to 10 cups of coffee.
- 【Grinding Coarse or Fine Coffee Beans as you Please】Just by simply pressing the lid for different seconds to get coarse or fine coffee powder.
- 【Rapid Grinding】High power with 20000-24000 r/min allows you to get your desired coffee powder within 8-15 seconds.
- Stainless steel conical burrs designed to minimize grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean
- 60 precise grind settings from the finest Espresso to the coarsest French Press Grind. Voltage: 110 120 Volts. Power: 165 Watts
- Uniform Coffee Grounds：Metallic flat burr coffee grinder avoids overheating the coffee beans for the full coffee flavor.
- Customizable Grind： With 16 grinding settings from fine for pour over to coarse for french press.
[Our Top Pick] Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
The Baratza Encore is a new conical burr grinder. It’s a fantastic addition to the Baratza lineup of grinders. It has a large hopper, a powerful motor, a steel burr, and a PID temperature control that can sync with your phone. The temperature control offers a lot of adjustments for a variety of grind types. It’s a great grinder for the money, and it has a lot of flexibility, all while being a Baratza grinder.
It comes with 40 settings for grinding. The commercial-grade conical burr ensures a wide range of brewing methods including Hario V60, espresso, Chemex, and many more.
These are perfect for professionals and for entry-level people as well.
The Encore is Baratza’s entry-level burr grinder. It’s just as easy to use as Baratza’s other entry-level grinders, the Virtuoso and the Virtuoso Plus, but this one has a non-stick coating on the burrs.
It’s also fully automatic, so the Encore is the only grinder in Baratza’s line-up that can be completely controlled by the Baratza app.
The product comes with high-quality alloy steel burrs with a powerful DC motor to provide you with the best taste and grinding.
The manufacturer offers one year warranty along with world-class support 24/7.
You can’t spend money blindly without checking the features in a coffee grinder. However, how to know what to check while buying a suitable coffee grinder? Here are some important points. Check them to select the best product.
Burr vs Blades
The spring-loaded burrs and the slotted blades in the coffee grinder are two different types of cutting elements. They both do the same thing, but the functioning methodology of both of them is entirely different. A burr is a circular metal blade designed to cut the beans as they pass through it. This is a much faster action than a blade, which involves cutting the beans by slicing through the middle and it is much slower.
Conical vs Flat Burr
If you are purchasing a coffee grinder with burrs, check whether it comes with a conical or flat burr. Conical grinders can be used to grind beans into a coarse powder, while flat burr grinders can be used to grind beans into a fine powder
Manual or Electric Coffee Grinder
All manual grinders have a motor that spins at a low speed, while an electric grinder has a motor that spins at a high speed. If you get an electric coffee grinder with multiple speed levels, it’s a blessing in disguise.
Auto Grind Function
Grinding coffee beans can be a messy business, especially if you are using a cheap and manual coffee grinder. This is because coffee grinds are often thrown directly into the coffee maker, where the heat will quickly burn the fine particles of coffee. If you are using a cheap coffee grinder, it is likely that you are using a faster, but the dangerous grinding blade. Blade grinders can crumble the coffee beans, causing them to fly out of the grinder, while also exposing them to extreme heat.
Coffee grinders are an absolute necessity to coffee lovers, offering the opportunity to achieve the perfect texture every time. Whilst the coffee you drink can make or break your experience, it’s also how much you grind that will determine the flavor. A general rule of thumb is to grind your coffee as finely as possible, to make sure you get an even flavor throughout your cup.